Slash Snowboards By GIGI, 2022/23 Brainstorm Men's Snowboard.
Ridden by backcountry freestyle legends Manuel Diaz and Geoff Brown, this board is the culmination of some highly radical brainstorming sessions, built to bring your wildest dreams to reality.
Made with backcountry freestyle centre of mind, The Brainstorm is a directional twin shape that slays the whole mountain. We‘ve set the Brainstorm back and raised the nose with Camrock to aid manoeuvrability in deeper snow and it inspires hard charging thanks to the carbon fibre, Kevlar and basalt stringers, which snap the board to action, providing lightning-quick responses when carving and slashing.
The Backseat CamRock design places rocker in the nose and a slight amount in the tail with positive camber in between. This setback design delivers camber stability and control between the feet and in the tail, with the added float and maneuverability of the rockered nose.
- LANDING STRIP: Strips of Kevlar and carbon fiber placed from the inserts to the tips in the nose and tail to support landings and reduce washouts. This design also helps dampen high-speed chatter, offer stability at speed and load up potent ollies.
- TRI-AX FIBERGLASS: Triax fiberglass is the time-tested classic. It features a three-way weave of premium fibers with strands running at 45-degree angles. It provides superior pop, consistent torsional flex, and more overall response.
- FOREVER WOODCORE: Constructed from four different lightweight wood species—paulownia, spruce, beech and poplar—for a premium core that offers a highly tuned and dynamic feel. It’s flyweight, durable, filled with pop and highly reactive.
- SINTERED BASE 600: Our Sintered quality base is fast, durable and requires less waxing. We believe in using the best possible materials in our boards.
- BELT FINISH: The belt finish gets your base optimized before it’s fully waxed.
- PROGRESSIVE SIDECUT: Our progressive sidecut design blends many radii and smooth contact points for buttery smooth turn initiation, edge-to-edge transition and edge hold. It’s different for each model and matches the sidecut to the board’s specific camber profile.
- IMPACT DAMPENING: A vibration dampening rubber used between the steel edge and the sidewall. Absorbs impacts only to a very small degree, its main purpose is to act as an adhesion layer between the edge and sidewall to prevent the possibility of delamination.
- STEEL EDGES: We build our edges with 35% more steel content than the average. They are simply stronger and more durable than the alternative.
- FACTORY WAXED: All Slash boards are factory waxed with OneBallJay wax and ready to shred straight out of the wrapper.
- TIP PROTECTORS: Thin, light and surprisingly strong aluminum protectors that cap the base and edge at the tip and tail to protect the board from impacts.
- KICK STAND: Our Original Identity shape saves material and weight and also stands up without tipping over like rounded boards do!